Friday, April 12, 2019

Bees, Berlin and Osaka

A few things to catch up on here - starting with a trip to Japan. I was lucky to go with a friend who speaks the language and knows his way around so that made the trip absolutely amazing. Loved the food (Osaka is known for it's food and the onsen (which I got kicked out of because I have a tattoo!)
Then on the book front here's one that's just come out, another coming in August and another being brought back.
 First is 'Follow that Bee!' which is another book in the ever growing series with Kids Can Press called Exploring Our Community. I'm very proud of this series and so happy to be able to touch on issues that mean a lot to me. Sometimes I think if we can teach the kids we might still have a chance - since us oldsters have made a bit of a mess of things.

The next book, 'Owen at the Park' with Groundwood books is based on an incident in Tiergarten in Berlin. I almost consider Berlin a second home and this park is incredible, with a colourful, spotty history including it being a fenced in hunting ground! Not very noble of the nobles. But I will write again on this book when it's out. It was shown in Bologna so I'm excited to see the cover and poster.


And finally I was very happy to hear a book I did has been brought back - P'eska and the First Salmon Ceremony. Groundwood has such a great selection of First Nations books and I am happy to be part of it.

That's it for now, until next time.

No comments: