Monday, April 27, 2020

As usual it's been too long since I wrote but I'm going to blame that on being busy and learning how to cope during this Covid shutdown. For a semi-introvert like me it hasn't been too much of a shift but as it drags on I really am starting to miss social gatherings and just getting out the door.
The good news is I've been busy with work and will have a new book coming out in October, with my new best friends, the people at Harbour Publishing.  http://www.harbourpublishing.com/  Ok, I still love the other publishers I work with but I have to say there is something special about working with somebody in the same province. The book is called Lilliana and the Frogs, based on a little adventure I had as a child when I brought home a box of wild frogs. It's a book with an eco message (let's leave nature alone) but hopefully with a bit of fun along the way.


Another book, coming out in October is called Follow Your Breath. It's # 8 in our 'Exploring Our Community' series with my other best friends the amazing people at Kids Can Press - especially my editor, Jennifer Stokes, who is, as far as I can tell, perfect. 


This story follow the five kids, Yulee, Pedro, Nick, Martin and Sally as they learn about mindfulness. It's coming out at a good time, considering what we're going through. Mindfulness is used in schools as well as millions of homes so a lot of people recognize its value. 
For something completely different I also do cartoons. This perfect storm of a pandemic and a president (with a very little brain) south of the border, is great fodder for cartoonists everywhere. I am reluctant, but I will thank him for that. 


No comments: