Friday, November 1, 2019


I forgot to post two books! First is one I did with Scholastic. They have a great series based on the old nursery rhyme we all know - 'There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly'.
I was asked to illustrate a version written by the clever Chrissy Bozik. It's all about camping in Canada and Anne and Andrea really let me have fun with this book. My niece tells me it's her son's favourite book!


Also just out is 'Join the No-Plastic Challenge!' (part of 'Exploring Our Community' with Kids Can Press). It's an important subject and I'm really happy KCP was as excited as I was to do this. It's also good to have Greenpeace onboard to give it their seal of approval. I've been hearing educators are approaching my publisher to see what's new in the series – that's a compliment!





I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another book in the same series called 'Follow that Bee!' It's made the long list for the Subaru Science award. Even if I don't win I'm grateful to be among such good company.



That's it for what's out there. There's a couple of books in the works that will be out late next year. I will keep you posted when they are done.
And finally, I did a cover for the upcoming Write magazine – the magazine for the writers' union of Canada.
Ok, all caught up!

No comments: