Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Time flies when you're on the move. 
I've settled in Berlin now for a couple of months but last month was an action packed visit to Madrid. In April I rented an amazing flat right in the middle of town. It had a beautiful rooftop deck and I could watch the sunset from my work desk as well.  As usual I'm working on my travels but I have to say this was one of the nicest settings. The weather in Madrid was wet and cold, not that I'm complaining - I was in Spain after all - but it didn't quite fit my expectation of what Spain is meant to be like.
On the plus side I could focus on my work and visited lots of galleries. Although (not being a fan of religion) I've seen my full share of Virgin Mary's and Christ on the cross. I wasn't really ready for how religious Spain is. Although the cathedrals are beautiful, especially in Toledo.
After Madrid it was off to Berlin to settle in for a couple of days then up to Frankfurt to see some dear friends. That was a wonderful visit but I'm quite happy to be settling into my flat here in Berlin. I've also started art on a book I began writing here 2 years ago so it's feeling very 'full circle'.
The image I'm posting is from a job I did with a wonderful dance school in North Vancouver called Perform Art Studios. They asked me to do a giant window covering. It was quite a departure for me but I have to say I loved doing it because I could show parts of the north shore and Lonsdale Quay.  Hope it's still up when I get back to Vancouver. If you see it, take a picture and send it!
Ok, time to go collect my bicycle and go for a ride - one of my all time favourite pastimes here in Berlin.

No comments: