Wednesday, September 14, 2011

21 Journeys Launch party

The launch party for 21Journeys was great. Have to say the book turned out really well too. You never know with these things when there are so many people and a wide variety of styles involved. The Ayden Gallery in Vancouver is a perfect location for this kind of thing too because there's other artwork up and there was a band (who sounded great by the way, guess I should have got their name)... definitely a community feeling for a collective effort. If anybody reading this is into comics or graphic novels check out: http://www.cloudscapecomics.com/ It's Vancouver related collective of artists and writers so you have to live here, have lived here or at least be in a close proximity. The art to the right is a page from my story. It's called A Day at the Beach and describes my attempt to keep a journal while traveling. I had the best intentions but got sidetracked very easily. But I guess it all worked out in the end since I got a good story from it.

No comments: